DesireesShelves

The Bliss Balance - Create Success, Peace, and Happiness in Your Life
Rebekah Harkness
Ocean of Fear
Helen Hanson
The Shadow Effect: Illuminating the Hidden Power of Your True Self - Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, Debbie Ford Something new from Marianne Williamson, I HAD to pick it up! I was a bit disappointed that her part of the book was so short. Also, I don't think the book was all that well written.

Some of my favorite quotes from the book:

"Detachment doesn't show indifference. It shows that you really don't want negativity to stick to you."

"The fog of illusion creates fear. Remove the fear, and what remains is love."

"Whatever we judge or condemn in another is ultimately a disowned or rejected part of ourselves."

"It's often hard to recognize our own bad behavior, because we are continually projecting it on others. The more convinced we are of other people's wrongdoings, the more likely it is that we ourselves are guilty of the same indiscretions."

"When we are judging another, we never really think we are talking about ourselves." "When you understand projection, you will never see the world the same again. In this holographic world, everyone and everything is a mirror, and you are always seeing yourself and talking to yourself."

"If we are willing to allow our dark side to be a part of the whole of who we are, we will find it comes equipped with all the power, skill, intelligence, and force needed to do great things in the world."

"if you are attracted to a quality in someone else, no matter how great, it also exists inside you."

The book promotes their movie. It probably would have been better for me to watch the movie instead.... If you are interested in a spiritual self-help type book, pick this up. I would recommend A Return To Love by Marianne Williamson above this book though....