DesireesShelves

The Bliss Balance - Create Success, Peace, and Happiness in Your Life
Rebekah Harkness
Ocean of Fear
Helen Hanson
Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone. - Mitch Joel I enjoyed this book, even though it is primarily intended for business owners. I sold my last business several years ago, but I liked reading about how web 2.0 has changed marketing.

I already knew a lot of this information, but there are things that I learned to help me, such as "unconference". The internet helps bring people together with sites like meetup.com, ning, upcoming.org, etc. Setting up things like google and technorati alerts will allow you to find local events that may be of interest to you.

Zig Ziglar is quoted as saying, "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." He goes on to talk about how the web is based on reciprocity, "If your actions are carried out with sincerity (be they big or small), the community quickly takes notice and repays."

He also mentions LibriVox, which makes public domain audio books available for free. I have been volunteering for distributed proofreaders for years now, which takes public domain book scans and turns them into formats that can be read by computers, kindles, etc. But, this is for audio versions, where anyone can volunteer!

I will be checking out the author's blog at twistimage.com and feel that the ideas in this book will be able to help me get more noticed on the web, find other like minded people and maybe eventually help me to make some cash!

Definitely recommended!