DesireesShelves

The Bliss Balance - Create Success, Peace, and Happiness in Your Life
Rebekah Harkness
Ocean of Fear
Helen Hanson
The Man Who Loved Books Too Much: The True Story of a Thief, a Detective, and a World of Literary Obsession - Allison Hoover Bartlett I loved this one! While parts of it seemed a bit disjointed and repetitive, I found myself not being able to put it down! As a person who loves books, any books, not just rare books, it is right up my alley!

Gilkey is one strange character! He manages to steal credit card numbers from his part time job and use those to pay for rare books. He travels around the country, trying to avoid suspicion and lives the high life off other people, while he is not in jail!

It seems that rare book theft is more widespread than fine art theft. Probably because there are a lot more books than fine art pieces. The Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America has identified five different types of book thieves. There is the kleptomaniac who cannot stop themselves from stealing, the thief who steals for profit, the thief who steals in anger, the casual thief and one who steals for their own personal use.

Whatever category you decide Gilkey belongs to, he decides to tell his story, or parts of it to the author. I won't spoil anything for you, but you have to pick this one up, especially if you are obsessed with books!