DesireesShelves

The Bliss Balance - Create Success, Peace, and Happiness in Your Life
Rebekah Harkness
Ocean of Fear
Helen Hanson
End the Fed - Ron Paul A definite must read! Lots of scary stuff here about the US government's monetary policies. Once the US went off the gold standard, they were, and still are, free to print all the money they want. Therefore, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. A lot of the blame is placed on Greenspan who planted the seeds for our current financial calamity. Now that he is gone, we cannot continue to inflate our way out. Just as a disease can not be cured by more of the germ that caused it, inflation and debt accumulation can not cure this.

He believes that what the Fed and paper money have done for Congress is to lead legislators to believe that there are no limits on what they can spend.

The one thing I found most eye-opening about this book is the fact that paper money is unconstitutional! According to Article 1, Section 10: "No state shall..... make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts." Hmmmmmmmm......

A must read!