DesireesShelves

The Bliss Balance - Create Success, Peace, and Happiness in Your Life
Rebekah Harkness
Ocean of Fear
Helen Hanson
The Housing Boom and Bust - Thomas Sowell A quick and easy read for anyone wanting to understand how we got into the current economic mess we have all been affected by! Not need to have a prior understanding of economics.

My favorite passage from the book:
"Despite differences of personalities and of the times, the underlying vision of the New Deal and that of the current administration are fundamentally similar. However that vision is conceived or articulated by those who believe in it, it is a vision of the federal government exercising vastly more power over the economy and the society than was ever granted to it by the Constitution of the United States. What the government buys with the enormous sums of money if dispenses is the power to give orders to the recipients that the Constitution never authorized them to give. Politicians are, in effect, buying up our freedom with our own tax money."

I am totally disgusted with the practices of the government and the extremely negative predicament that I am now in due to no fault of my own... I am an honest person, but the government doesn't reward that, they punish me by raising taxes all around to pay for the bonuses they gave to the crooks..... WTF????

You probably shouldn't read this book if you have a heart condition, :-)