DesireesShelves

The Bliss Balance - Create Success, Peace, and Happiness in Your Life
Rebekah Harkness
Ocean of Fear
Helen Hanson
The 10 Big Lies About America: Combating Destructive Distortions About Our Nation - Michael Medved It took me a while to get into this book. The subject matter is interesting, but I didn't find that it was written in a way that I couldn't put it down....

That being said, I finally finished it up today. It left me with a feeling that just about all the myths can be shattered by saying that the US is much better off now than it would have been if we didn't take the land from the Native Americans, bring over slaves, allow big businesses to flourish and allow foreigners to come and stay. All of those things allowed us to make progress to the point where even the poorest among us have cell phones, tv's, cars, computers, etc, things that were either non-existant or only for the very rich a hundred years ago.

He points out that we established Liberia, so that former slaves would be able to go "back home", but that things were better here and most of them decided to stay.

If you are interested in the subject matter, take a look at it, but it's pretty dry...