DesireesShelves

The Bliss Balance - Create Success, Peace, and Happiness in Your Life
Rebekah Harkness
Ocean of Fear
Helen Hanson
Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution--and How It Can Renew America - Thomas L. Friedman This should be mandatory reading for President-Elect Obama! With so much of our money going to petro-dictators who are not our friends, we need the Federal government to step up to the plate, realize that global warming is ruining the Earth and do something about it NOW! The Big Oil lobby has been running this country for far too long. We tax sugarcane ethanol from Brazil at 54 cents per gallon, while only taxing Saudi oil 1.25 cents per gallon! The House approved tax credits for renewable energy, but never funded them! Big new job growth comes from waves of technological innovation, but without incentives, we are going to miss out on this green revolution. We could be making billions exporting green technology to places like China and India, but we are not investing in the R&D necessary no remake our economy. Mr. Friedman has a lot of solutions to this huge problem. Anyone remotely interested in the future of Planet Earth should read this book!